3rd German Open Fly-Tying Championship 2010
The Winners of the 3rd German Open Fly-Tying Championship. Congratulations!
|Classical Salmon Fly||Dry Fly|
|1. Place||Hartmut Duchrow||1. Place||Werner Becker|
|2. Place||Jörg Bressin||2. Place||Georg Christel|
|3. Place||Marko Kettunen (Finland)||3. Place||Alfons Schefhold|
|1. Place||Andreas Weiß||1. Place||Philippe Zinner (France)|
|2. Place||Georg Christel||2. Place||Alfons Schefhold|
|3. Place||Joel Rautiainen (Finland)||3. Place||Erwin Tibad|
Idea and Concept
- The organizer has changed the rules in order to reflect the welcome increase in international participation. From 2010 onwards, the win is open to all participants, irrespective of citizenship.
- Every participant has to transfer €5.00 (please find account information below). This money will be used to cover arising postal charges (i.e. sending out certificates).
- Salmon Fly category: In order to be included in the competition, every participant in this category has to submit two flies (Classic AND Hairwing on Hayabusa 771- #2/0)
- Dry Fly category: In order to be included in the competition, every participant in this category has to submit two flies (Royal Coachman on Hayabusa #10 – FLY 372 AND one fly featuring your own pattern).
If , for some reason, only one fly is submitted in the above-mentioned categories, these flies will NOT be included in the competition
The Open Fly-Tying Championship 2010 will be held as an open event, inviting fly-tiers from around the world, that means everyone is welcome to participate and everyone is able to win this championship! Please take note of the above-mentioned changes in the Salmon AND Dry Fly categories.
Only flies tied using Hayabusa hooks in the specified sizes will be acknowledged; flies that do not confirm with the above mentioned specifications will be disqualified. If, for some reason, we should receive less than 10 flies in the Salmon category, no judgment will occur.
The following classes are permitted:
1. Classical Salmon Fly
“Sir Herbert” after T.E. Pryce Tannatt. Hook to be used: Hayabusa 771 - #2/0
“Sir Herbert”. Hook to be used: Hayabusa 771 - #2/0
2. Dry Fly
“Royan Coachman”. Hook to be used: Hayabusa #10 – FLY 372
For more information, please click on the following link www.umpqua.com/p-280-royal-coachman.aspxoice.aspx
2.a Dry Fly
Featuring your own pattern and choose the hook for yourselve.
Participants can submit ONE fly each in category 3 and 4, however, participants must submit TWO flies each in category 1 and 2.
The top German finishers will receive a medal, a certificate and will be published in the magazine “FliegenFischen”.
International competitors will also receive prices.
Participants are asked to send each fly separately. If a participant sends in several flies, you can use one box, but keep the flies separate within it. Each fly needs to be submitted including a detailed description of you’re the fly-tying technique and used materials.
The evaluation of the flies will take place at the EWF 2010.
We are very pleased that we can present:
- Roman Moser - Austria
- Hans-Jürgen Baum - Germany
- Igor Stancev - Macedonia
- Tommy Olinsson - Denmark
After the evaluation, every participant will receive a promotional package of Hayabusa hooks.
Submission deadline: March 30, 2010
All participants will also receive sample hooks by Hayabusa (sponsored by Stenzel Flyfishing)
Thank you very much!